SHAD UBC 2016 Programming Workshop: Contest
Using the Turtle module in the Python Standard Library, write a Python script that draws something interesting related to SHAD UBC. For example, you could draw your fiducial number, the word SHAD, the UBC logo, a cafeteria potato, or a mountain. The choices are limited only by your imagination!
NOTE: You need to read about the Turtle module and experiment with it to understand what it can do. Modules are covered in lesson 11:
The following criteria will be used to judge contest entries:
- Visual Appeal - Is it cool? Does it have pretty colours? Could I imagine it being used in the background of a Drake music video?
- Originality - Have I seen it before?
- Use of math operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division); bonus points for use of modulus and integer division
- Lack of duplication - Did you repeat yourself?
- Program readability (for example, well-named variables and functions)
To submit your entry to the contest, email your script to Kyle at firstname.lastname@example.org by 7:00 PM on Friday, July 17, 2015.